Friday, July 11, 2008

Another milestone...2 years!

So it has officially been 2 years since I met Ben--and not to sound like a broken record, but the past 2 years have seriously flown by! The first time I met Ben was at my sister-in-law Kelli's softball game... thanks Kelli! It was sort of a group blind date....ish...thing. We knew that there were 3 guys coming to hang out and we had 3 girls including me and then my brother Matt and sister-in-law Kelli. As we were driving to meet the boys we found out that there were 2 guys named Micah and one guy named Ben. One of the girls was getting set up with one of the Micah's and the other girl and I got to choose which one we wanted...so to speak. I said that I had already dated 2 Ben's so I would go with the one named Ben.
When the boys introduced themselves, apparently I didn't tell Ben what my name was and he thought that I was a little stuck up! I still feel bad for that one. (Although in my defense, I remember that I just said my name once as to introduce myself to all 3 of them at the same time). As we walked to the cars to go to dinner, I found out that he was 24 and he found out that I was only 18! My mom flipped a little on that one... Luckily I turned 19 a couple weeks later. We went to dinner at Iggy's Sports Grill...which is pretty good and we have gone back to the same one a few times since then.
The last thing we did that night was bowling... I don't remember where it was...probably somewhere in West Jordan and I'm sure Ben could tell me, but we went bowling and I won! I don't just mean that I beat Ben, but I beat everyone! I am bragging a little, sorry... I thought it was pretty cool though. We also played a little pool at the bowling alley. To end the night, as I posted in the one right before this, I gave Ben my number and he texted me right away to see if it was my real phone number :). I sort of thought that he was a player and probably wouldn't ever call me, but a week later we went out again...and obviously that wasn't the last time. With Ben's, the 3rd time was the charm!

2 comments:

Mary and Eric Francis said...

stacy its been so long since I have seen you. Your pictures are super cute! Being married is so fun. Are you still dancing at all? Awww good old dance centre! Hope all is good.

The Lang Family said...

wow! It really is crazy who you find!! I'm glad you came across my blog so we can stay in touch!